Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Camera Tricks

I've learned NOT to use auto mode on my camera or the flash anymore unless absolutly necessary. I've only got a point and shoot digital camera, but the results are well worth it. i use my MANUAL mode. i set the white balance, to what ever i need such as, daylight, cloudy, fluorescent etc. Then you need to manually change the ISO to usually something high like 400, 800, or higher. then the shutter speed and the aperture. and if you have a display screen i just hold down my picture button to let the camera zoom and it usually reads what light settings are working. then i adjust it if i need it. then i have to manually turn OFF the flash. this is best for natural light and shadow. I've taken some awesome pictures of the kids in front of our front window, inside using this method and they are DARLING. taking pictures from above your subject gives a soft effect too! try it ! you'll love your results. and don't be afraid. the more you play around with your settings you'll get a feel for it and get some AWESOME photo's !

No comments: